Earlier this week we talked meals by mail — the increasingly popular meal kits and delivery services that a lot of cooks are finding a convenient help to nightly cooking. But it's not just meals — we're discovering more and more goodies that wing your way by mail.
Snack boxes are also growing in popularity — monthly subscriptions that bring healthy, or gluten-free, or just downright tasty new snacks to your door. Have you tried one of these?
- Love With Food: Love With Food has a few different snack box options. Their classic box is one of the most affordable at $10 per month. They also offer a deluxe box for $17 per month and a gluten-free box for $24.50 per month. The classic and gluten-free boxes include approximately eight snacks per month, while the deluxe box includes 16-20 snacks. All snacks are organic or all-natural, which they define as GMO-free, gluten-free, or free of artificial junk. One of the best parts about this subscription service is that for every box you buy, they donate a meal to a hungry child through Feeding America or Share our Strength.
- Aloha Crate: Like the Peach Dish meal delivery service, Aloha Crate is focused on one type of cuisine, but instead of Southern dishes, you'll get snacks from the great state of Hawaii. Each month you'll receive a box with four to six snacks and goodies, which can include Kona coffee, mangoes, special chocolates, and other tropical treats. A monthly subscription runs $14.95 per month and a yearly subscription costs $164.45.
- Nature Box: Not only does Nature Box offer snacks with no hydrogenated oils, artificial colors, flavors, or sweeteners, it also gives you more flexibility in picking your snacks. Each month you can choose five snacks from the more than 100 that Nature Box offers, and build your own box. You won't end up with snacks you won't like from the start. Each box will set you back $19.95 per month. Nature Box also has corporate options for stocking your office pantry. Nature Box also donates a meal through Feeding America for every box ordered.
- Graze: If you want new snacks weekly, Graze might be a better option for you. With a lower price point — just $6.99 per box — and smaller portions, Graze is a bit more similar to the meal delivery boxes. You don't get to choose exactly what goes into your snack box, but you can rate each of the snacks on the Graze site to make sure you'll get ones you like.
- Vegan Cuts: If you're vegan, this is most likely the snack service for you. Each month for $19.95, you'll get seven to 10 vegan (and usually gluten-free) snacks. While it might seem like more than the other boxes, keep in mind that some are sample size and some are full size. You won't get to choose exactly which snacks you get, but since they are all vegan to begin with, it cuts out that worry.
- Blissmo Break Box: Blissmo is the snack box that's designed for those 4 p.m. snack cravings. Each box contains snacks that will help boost your energy. Plus, they have a ton of different box sizes. The personal box has 15-20 snacks and costs $39.95 per month. They also offer group boxes for two to five people, team boxes for six to 15 people, and office boxes for 16 to 30 people. All boxes contain healthy snacks without corn syrup, preservatives, and artificial ingredients.
- Healthy Surprise: This service is the only one we've found that caters to the paleo set. In addition to their classic snack box and big snack box — which run $49.99 and $74.99 per month, respectively — they offer a paleo snack box for $74.99 per month, which includes about 17 snacks per month that fit the paleo diet. If you don't want a monthly subscription, Healthy Surprise also lets you choose to receive a box every other month or quarterly.