For all the years quinoa has been a staple in our kitchen, it has never gotten boring. That's because there are so many fantastic ways to use this versatile seed, from summer salads to winter stews. And while it might not be a traditional Asian, Middle Eastern, or European ingredient, we often add quinoa to global dishes for flavor, texture, and nutritional value. In honor of Escapes month, here are seven diverse quinoa recipes to try. Share your own ideas with us in the comments.
• 1 Quinoa Tabbouleh – A quinoa version of the classic Middle Eastern salad
• 2 Marina's Chile Relleno with Pecan Cream Sauce – A spin on the traditional Mexican dish chiles en nogada
• 3 Kemp's Quick Moroccan Stew with Quinoa "Couscous" – An easy, hearty supper from Gourmet
• 4 Japanese-Inspired Quinoa – Chocolate & Zucchini's quinoa dressed with Asian ingredients
• 5 Quinoa Cakes with Eggplant-Tomato Ragù and Smoked Mozzarella – Italian-style quinoa at Gourmet
Related: How to Cook Quinoa