We've been in the mood for Indian all week, so this weekend we've got curry on the menu. The long list of spices for many Indian recipes can seem intimidating, but really, Indian cooking is all about using what you have and being creative. Fun times! What are your favorite Indian dishes to make at home?
1. Chana Masala from Jugalbandi - Mellow, sweet chickpeas are one of our favorite legumes. They're especially good in a savory sauce like this one!
2. Lamb Rogan Josh from Food & Wine - This stew is rich and hearty, perfect if you're still snowed in where you live!
3. Malai Kofta from Monsoon Spice - We're suckers for dumplings of any kind! These are mildly spiced and served in a tangy cream sauce.
4. Aloo Gobi from What's for Lunch Honey - Ever eat a whole head of cauliflower in one sitting? You will with this dish!
5. Palak Paneer from Epicurious - This is a creamy spinach dish with chewy bits of fresh cheese for contrast.
6. Vegetable Samosas from Mamta's Kitchen - These crispy pockets of spiced vegetables are meant to be a snack, but we could honestly eat a whole meal of them!
7. Masala Dosa from India Cuisine - Think of this as an Indian crepe! The batter is made from ground lentils and rice. It's poured onto a skillet, cooked until crispy, and then filled with vegetables, chopped meat, or whatever your heart's desire.
Which recipe sounds best to you?
(Images: Jugalbandi; Tina Rupp/Food & Wine; CIA/Keith Ferris)