Cleaning supplies — especially brooms, mops, and vacuums — might be some of the hardest items to find a home for in your house. They are awkwardly sized and shaped, and they fall over at the slightest bump or breeze. And not to mention the fact that you don't really want your cleaning supplies on display in your home.
But there are plenty of solutions that will fit just about any kitchen. Whether you have a dedicated closet with all your cleaning gear, or designate a portion of your pantry, or have just a rack that slides between your fridge and the wall, there's a storage fix perfect for your kitchen. Here are seven of our favorites, for kitchens of all sizes.
- Full Closet - Martha Stewart: If you have a full closet to dedicate to cleaning supplies, maximize your space by adding in shelves, along with racks or hooks, to hang brooms and mops. And don't forget about making use of the back of the closet door!
- Freestanding Cabinet - The Garden Web: Make use of an extra nook in your home by adding in a freestanding cabinet like this one. You'll need to think vertically in order to have enough space for your brooms and cleaning supplies.
- Dedicate Part of the Pantry - Neat Little Nest: You don't really need a separate space if you have a large pantry. Simply carve out one section of the pantry for storing your broom and vacuum. Then stash cleaning supplies on the shelves above.
- Sliding Storage - The Container Store: If you don't have any extra space for a cabinet or cupboard, try this sliding broom holder. Installing it between the fridge and the wall means your cleaning supplies stay hidden.
- Pegboard Wall - A Beautiful Mess: If you have a laundry room or space in an attached garage, consider organizing your broom-closet gear on a pegboard. Not only will everything be easy to grab quickly, but you'll be much more likely to keep it tidy if it's on display.
- Wall Cabinet - The Craftery: If you are handy, you don't need a lot of extra space to build your own broom cabinet. This shallow closet can be installed in your wall between the studs. It's a perfect space-saving project.
- Built-in Cabinet - Master Brand Cabinets: If you have tall cabinets already, it's easy to add on a shallow broom closet that will fit all your cleaning supplies. It is ideal next to the refrigerator or by the pantry.