After you've dug the last spear out of the pickle jar, you can either pour the pickle juice down the drain and bid it adieu, or you can save and repurpose it into something useful or tasty. Don't waste that flavorful liquid - here are some great ways to give it new life!
6 Ways to Use Leftover Pickle Juice
1. Salad dressings: Replace the vinegar in your favorite salad dressing with pickle juice, or drizzle some pickle juice into potato or pasta salad to punch it up.
2. Pickle other things (pictured): Reuse the tasty pickle juice to quick pickle more cucumbers, other vegetables like summer squash or radishes, onions, or even hard-boiled eggs!
3. Cocktails: Instead of olive brine, use pickle juice in your next dirty martini:
4. Marinades: The acid in pickle juice helps to tenderize meat, so use some of it in your next marinade, especially if you're planning to cook a tougher cut of meat.
5. Bread dough: The secret ingredient to this rye bread recipe and Jewish deli bread is dill pickle juice.
6. Sunburn remedy: Believe it or not, you can soothe that sunburn with a little dab of pickle juice!
What do you like to do with leftover pickle juice?