The kids in New York City went back to school this week. Are kids in your neighborhood also headed back to the books? Well, now that the school year is underway, bake sale season must be around the corner.
Whether the bake sale is to raise money for the school carnival, your child's sports team, or a classroom charity project, you'll want to bring your A-game. Luckily, these six gadgets will help your treats stand out on even the most crowded dessert table.
- 3D Safari Animal Cookie Cutters, $8 from Amazon: Build these cookie sculptures pre-bake sale or package them as a kit so the kids can put them together before devouring them.
- Dinosaur Embossing Rolling Pin, $23 on Etsy: Hate icing cookies? Try embossing them instead with this patterned rolling pin. It's the easiest cookie trick there is.
- Food Writer Edible Markers, $9 from Wilton: Forget about writing with icing; instead, customize your cookies with these food-safe edible-ink markers.
- Customizable Cookie Stamp, $12 from Amazon: Personalize the cookies you're serving up with this easy-to-change stamp. Our favorite part? It comes with extra characters, like hearts, stars, and the ever-important hashtag.
- Cookie Cups Baking Kit, $14 from KitchenKrafts: Make it easier on yourself when making piñata cookies with this easy kit. Or if you want to do something a little easier, opt for cookie bowls instead.
- Baking with My Homies Cookie Stamps, $9 on Foodiggity: Okay, these might only be appropriate for high school bake sales, but we wouldn't be able to resist some hip hop chocolate chip cookies.