- Dahl is simple, but it has a lot of ingredients. On some weeknights, you just don't have the time to deal with lots of prep and measuring out a dozen different seasonings.
- On a day when you have some extra time, prepare your favorite dahl recipe. We use this one from Veg Web as a base but add fresh ginger and tomatoes. Make a double batch!
- Divide the finished product into freezer bags. We divide a double recipe into about three two-serving bags.
- On busy weeknights when you don't have time to make dinner from scratch, pull a bag out, reheat and serve. Make it even faster by thawing in the fridge while you're away at work.
Other serving ideas:
- After reheating and plating, top with a dallop of yogurt.
- Reheat with coconut milk.
- Reheat and serve with cooked frozen rice.
- ...OR bake up a batch of naan in advance and keep some in the freezer. Reheat a few in the toaster when you're heating up the dahl. Here are some recipes for making the Indian flatbread at home.