When it comes to summer meal prep and cooking, there are two requirements that are absolute musts (you too, probably!): fill my plate with as many fresh, seasonal veggies as possible at all times of day and in all ways, and keep things as quick and easy as possible. Less time in the kitchen means more time poolside, on the patio, stoop, or fire escape enjoying the warm weather. From a creamy corn and egg scramble to summer squash succotash, a one-minute tomato sandwich, grilled asparagus, and more, here are 50 delicious ways to get your fill of veggies in under 20 minutes.
Appetizers and Snacks
From bruschetta to salsa and dip, here's how to taking snacking way beyond crudite.
- Fava Bean and Radish Bruschetta
- Brown Butter and Tahini Dipped Radishes
- Charred Corn Salsa
- Creamy Roasted Radish Dip
- Spiced Cucumber Sticks with Chaat Masala
Come summer and I'm happy to tuck into a big bowl of salad again and again. Use these salads as inspiration to revel in the bounty of fresh summer produce.
- Succotash Salad
- The Easiest Tangy Cucumber Salad
- Cold Lentil Salad with Cucumbers & Olives
- Caprese Salad
- The Gardener's Raw Vegetable Salad with Creamy Italian Dressing
- Corn and Zucchini Salad with Chives
- Tomato Salad with Red Onion, Dill, and Feta
- Heirloom Tomato Salad with Pomegranate-Sumac Dressing
- Chilled Black Bean, Feta & Cucumber Salad
- Sour Cream Cucumber Salad with Mustard Seeds
- Tomato Salsa Salad
- Summer Corn Salad
- Armenian Cucumber Salad
- Tomato Chickpea Salad
Sandwiches and Wraps
Not quite feeling a salad? Layer those veggies between a couple slices of bread, stuff them in a pita, or roll them up in a tortilla for a quick meal in minutes.
- The Perfect Tomato Sandwich
- Whole-Wheat Pita with Kale and Asiago
- Summer Vegetables Sub Sandwich with Garlic Cream Cheese
- Garlicky Broccoli Subs
- Cheesy Vegetable Melts
- Caprese Grilled Cheese
- 1-Minute Tomato Sandwich
- Mozzacado Sandwich
- Mediterranean Veggie Pita Sandwich
- Vegan Sourdough Portobello Mushroom Sandwich
These are the summertime sides worth keeping on repeat in your meal plan. They're easy to pull together and pair well with everything.
- Asparagus & Pecorino
- Asparagus Ribbons
- Sautéed Zucchini and Squash with Thyme and Feta
- Lima Beans with Cumin-Mint Dressing
- Snap Peas with Meyer Lemon and Mint
- Squash Ribbons
- Summer Squash Succotash
- Bacon and Basil Wrapped Corn
- How To Grill Even Better Asparagus
Take your veggie haul beyond salad and side territory, and make it the main course. Not only do meals like stir-fry, balsamic veggie kebabs, and zoodle bowls feel totally nourishing, but they are lightning fast to pull together.
- Chilled Cucumber Noodles with Sesame Dressing
- Cold Buckwheat Noodles with Julienned Vegetables
- No-Chop Cold Veggie Noodle Bowls with Soy Lime Vinaigrette
- Smoky Corn and Shrimp Fritters
- 3-Ingredient Pesto Zoodle Bowl
- Balsamic Glazed Veggie Kebabs
- 15-Minute Fresh Tomato and Feta Tart
- Weeknight Vegetable Stir-Fry
Starting your day with a veggie-packed breakfast is always something to feel good about.