A last-minute vegetable frittata is a really delicious thing, especially when you walk in the door after a long day of work and afterhours errands. Those quick and easy last-minute supper dishes can be heaven-sent and they help us clean out our leftovers, but there are only so many frittatas a person can make. If you have a fridge full of veggies that need to be put to use, here are a few alternate ideas that will help clear out those crisper drawers in a jiffy!Are you looking for a new way to use up a large batch of veggies in a snap? Maybe you have a full CSA box, or possibly just a fridge of food that didn't get eaten. Either way we have a few suggestions to make the most of your previous purchases!
1. Roasted Balsamic Vegetable Pasta with Mint & Yogurt: Even though this recipe calls for specific vegetables, substitutions can easily be made. Look for vegetables with similar textures to swap out with success!
2. Fresh Garden Vegetable Pickles: Just because you have extra veggies doesn't always mean you're in need of a meal. This trick turns that produce to pickled gold with a few simple ingredients.
3. How To Make Soup from Almost Any Vegetable: Soup hits a certain spot in the soul that's indescribable. Put your old veggies to work creating comfort in a single pot.
4. Vegan Tofu and Vegetable Pot Pie: This recipe is fantastic made in bulk or smaller, individual or even bite-size (think muffin tin) portions. Perfect for reheating and cleaning out all those unloved veggies.
5. How To Make Tempura-Fried Vegetables At Home: I adore tempura-fried vegetables and for the most part, anything that can be dipped in batter can be fried with extreme success.
Related: 20 Quick and Easy Vegetable Recipes
It's Reader Request Week at The Kitchn! This post was requested by MAGGIE13.
(Images: See links above for full image credits)