The other day we had to choose between a bunch of asparagus and a bag of sugar snap peas from our CSA. Most everyone picked the asparagus but we couldn't resist the snap peas! Sweet, crunchy, and delicious raw or cooked (or pickled or roasted!), they are one of the most wonderful foods of spring.
Here are 5 very different way to eat sugar snap peas. How do you like to prepare them?
• 1 Snap Peas with Meyer Lemon and Mint - A quick, vibrant side dish
• 2 Barley Salad With Green Garlic and Snap Peas - Light yet filling – and nutritious, too!
• 3 Pickled Sugar Snaps - Sweet and crunchy with vinegar and garlic
• 4 Pork Stir-Fry with Asparagus and Sugar Snap Peas - A savory spring dinner
• 5 Sesame Roasted Snap Peas - Roasting brings out the sweetness of the peas
Related: Ingredient Spotlight: Sugar Snap Peas
(Images: See linked recipes for full image credits)