And yes, despite what you may have heard, carrot tops are edible. (Even Harold McGee agrees.) You might already be tossing them into stocks, but how about showcasing their herbal, earthy, subtly carrot-ish flavor in one of these recipes instead? Their texture can be a little tough, so go for the leafy tops rather than the stems, and blanch them if needed.
Carrot Top Recipes to Try
- Grilled Cheese with Roasted Carrots & Carrot Green Pesto at Happy Yolks
- Moroccan Carrot & Chickpea Salad at 101 Cookbooks
- Roasted Carrot & Black Bean Tacos with Cilantro & Carrot Green Chimichurri at Rosemarried
- Carrot Greens with Sesame Dressing from Melissa Clark
- Velvety Carrot Soup with Carrot Top Pesto at Sunset
(Images: Happy Yolks; 101 Cookbooks)