Staying well-hydrated is especially important during summer, but if you're traveling you might find yourself having to decide between the lesser of two evils: wasteful, store-bought bottled water or unfamiliar (or even downright nasty!) tap water. Carry your own water bottle with a built-in filter, though, and you can make a healthier choice for yourself and the environment. Here are five bottles worth considering.
- 1 Stylish - Bobble, $11.55-$14.86 from Amazon: Bobble's sleek water bottle comes in three sizes and many different colors. The carbon filter removes chlorine and organic contaminants.
- 2 Portable - Vapur MicroFilter, $69.99 from Amazon: Vapur's water bottle is collapsible, making it easy to stash and carry. The filter removes 99.9999% of waterborne bacteria and 99.9% of protozoa.
- 3 Durable - Camelbak Groove, $16.81-$22.11 from Amazon: Camelbak's durable bottle has a carrying handle and spill-proof bite valve. The filter reduces chlorine, taste, and odor.
- 4 Easy to fill - Hydros, $24.95 from Amazon: The Hydros filtering water bottle has a unique side opening for ease in filling up at water fountains and taps. The filter reduces chlorine, chloramines, and particulates.
- 5 Plastic free - Kleen Kanteen Reflect, $24.65-$37.89 from Amazon + Kishu Binchotan Charcoal Sticks, $15 (set of 2) from Amazon: For a non-plastic choice, place a stick of Binchotan charcoal in the Reflect bottle, which is made of stainless steel, bamboo, and food-grade silicone.