Here are five tips from our archives that apply to nearly any bread, but especially sandwich bread.
• How to Proof Yeast - Nervous that your yeast might not be up to snuff? Here's how to make sure it's still good.
• How to Tell When Dough is Kneaded - Learn about the windowpane test, the poke test, and other signs that your dough is ready to go.
• How to Shape a Sandwich Loaf - Folding the dough into a compact loaf helps it rise and maintain a uniform crumb.
• How to Tell When Bread is Done - It's not always easy to tell from the outside how things are on the inside!
• How to Make Softer, Fluffier Whole Wheat Bread - Whole wheat breads can be tricky. Here are some tips to help.
What tips do you have for making a better loaf of bread?
(Image: Emma Christensen)