Whether you're still feeling pressed for time after losing that extra hour or you just need as many shortcuts as the world will give you, it sounds like you need one (or all) of these time-saving gadgets. Take a few minutes now to read this story — it'll save you so much time in the long run. Promise!
- Zyliss Easy Pull Food Chopper, $28: Make salsa faster than you can say "fiesta!" Or prep carrots and celery for a potato salad faster than you can pull out your food processor. Plus, your arm will get a quick little workout and you don't have to feel so bad about not having time to get to the gym.
- OXO Good Grips Vegetable and Onion Chopper, $20: If you're not super fast with a knife (no judgements!), this guy will make quick work of dicing onions, cucumbers, peppers, and more. Not only is it a time-saver, but it also makes uniform slices that'll have everyone talking about your amazing knife skills.
- Dreamfarm Garject Garlic Press, $28: We don't make a habit of recommending unitaskers, but a garlic press really is a must-have. It makes sharper, spicier garlic in less time than most people can mince. And this one is a favorite of ours because it has a little lever to push out the peel, so you don't have to deal with those lingering smells on your fingers for days.
- Chef'n Herbcicle Plus, $10: This little guy will save you time two ways. First, you won't have to run out to the store just to get cilantro, because you'll already have some in your freezer. And then, when it's time to cook, you don't have to waste time chopping herbs — just twist the handle and the herbs can be grated right into your pan. No cutting board to wash!
- Wusthof 5558-1 Come-Apart Kitchen Shears, $20: We've said it before and we'll say it again: Every kitchen needs a good pair of shears. Use these to chop a can of whole tomatoes (while still in the can!), cut up raw bacon, go to town on a rotisserie chicken, and more. Bonus: The blades come apart for easy cleaning.
What are your go-to gadgets when you're trying to save time?