Don't lie –– you have a secret thing for store-bought Peeps. When spring comes rolling around and the grocery store start stockpiling these cloyingly sweet marshmallows like they're going out of style, you grab a couple packages for "the kids" and sneakily eat them until the start of summer.
In case you're ever caught in the act, here are some random Peeps facts to impress whoever will listen.
1. In 1953 it took 27 hours to make just one PEEPS Marshmallow chick. Today it takes 6 minutes.
Originally PEEPS were made by hand using a pastry bag. This changed when the Born family (of Just Born company) acquired Rodda Candy Company and mechanized the process with the PEEPS Depositor, a technology specifically made for optimal marshmallow chicks and bunnies.
2. Yellow is the most popular PEEPS color for both chicks and bunnies in America.
Pink is the second best selling color.
3. It would take 8,000 PEEPS bunnies stacked vertically to reach the top of the Willis Tower in Chicago.
5. There are enough PEEPS marshmallows made each year to circle the earth. Twice.
That's about 2 billion PEEPS a year! 1.5 million of those peeps are produced for Easter.
6. In the late 1950s PEEPS wings were "clipped" to look more modern.
(Image credits: Leela Cyd)