We love quinoa salads — we brought you a real beauty in this green goddess salad today! — but this easy-cooking nutritious grain can go far beyond just salads. What else can do you with this pantry staple? Here are five alternative ways that you can eat quinoa throughout the day, from breakfast all the way to dessert.
Quinoa is much more versatile than the salads it usually ends up in. It can be used like rice or mashed potatoes to soak up saucy dishes, added to omelets or chili for bulk or texture, or even stuffed into sweet peppers. Besides the normal quinoa grains, you can even use quinoa flakes in your next baking project!
What are your favorite ways to use quinoa besides salads?
5 Non-Salad Quinoa Recipes
- 3-Egg Omelet with Quinoa, Sun-Dried Tomatoes, Spinach, and Goat Cheese
- Black Bean, Sweet Potato, and Quinoa Chili
- Saucy Sautéed Shrimp over Lemon Quinoa
- Chile Relleno with Pecan Cream Sauce
- Double Chocolate Cherry Quinoa Brownies
(Image credits: Emma Christensen; Megan Gordon; Faith Durand; Ariel Knutson)