1. Wrap a Tortilla Around It: Tortillas are a great vessel and can give you tacos, burritos, wraps, enchiladas, quesadillas and more. Any combination of meat or vegetable, even leftover salads or grains, can get wrapped inside and served in any of these manners.
2. Pie! Not the sweet kind, but the savory! Pie can be a great way to use up meats and veggies alike. Try making a version of shepherds pie and just wing it. Remember cornstarch can help add thickness and if your dish was seasoned properly the first time around you won't need much in the way of spices. Just mix, pour and bake.
3. Add a Noodle: Assuming your leftovers aren't already noodle-based, try adding a noodle and a basic sauce. You'll have instant Hamburger Helper-esque meal that's fit for a king in the time it takes to boil water!
4. Curry In a Hurry: As long as you keep a few cans of coconut milk on hand and your favorite curry paste, you can have a revived meal in no time. Your meat and vegetables (if they're already cooked) can go in right at the end since they just need to heat through!
5. Hack Some Hash: Although you can turn just about anything into a fritatta it seems that it's the standard fall back for leftovers. Instead, try potatoes instead. Almost any food can be made into an amazing skillet hash. Try mixing up meats, veggies and letting things get a good crisp. Crack an egg on top and you'll forget you're on day two for your original meal!
How do you use up your leftovers? Let us know your favorite ways in the comments below!
Related: Got Leftovers? Follow the 2:4 Rule
(Image: Faith Durand)
It's Reader Request Week at The Kitchn! This post was requested by LOOSEKICKSTAND.