Even though lunch for some can feel like a figment of your imagination some days, it's much easier to prepare a meal ahead when it isn't laden with a giant list of ingredients. When we're 75% still asleep, attempting to wolf down breakfast before we sprint out the door, the last thing we need in preparation for lunch is actual work! Pictured Above From Left To Right
• Make-Ahead Lunch Template: Pasta Salad with Veggies, Cheese, and Greens: This is one of our favorite ways to put together a lunch! Not only is it fast and inexpensive, but there's so many different ways to put ingredients together you'll never feel lack-luster to lunch again!
• Inspiration: The Single Beet Lunch: It's easy to get caught up in standard lunch scenarios. A cup of soup, a sandwich, a salad... you know the drill. This single roasted beet when paired with some great goat cheese is the perfect lunch with only 5 ingredients (and that's if you count the salt, pepper and olive oil for roasting). Pretty pink perfection!
• Improvised Lunch: Asparagus-Bean Salad Over Arugula: Some of the best lunches we've ever eaten have been those we've thrown together with ingredients we didn't really think we had at all. This recipe was inspired by a bare pantry and a need to eat and the results were healthy and delicious!
• Simple Pleasures: Cheese and Onion Sandwich Recipe: On a rough day when the boss has you against the wall and a pile of deadlines, sometimes a quick sandwich that doesn't need reheating is just what the doctor ordered. If you're worried about soggy bread, try keeping your mixture in a zip top bag until you're ready to eat.
• Recipe: Quick Lunch Pasta with Greens, Mushrooms and Meats: This recipe is super forgiving and works well with any meat or green you happen to have on hand. It's a great one to clean out the leftovers in your fridge and still feel new and fresh, plus it's great for those rainy Spring afternoons when summer still feels far away.
• Related: Treat Yourself To A Ploughman's Lunch!
(Image: As linked above)