3. Sticky buns and rolls - Although putting together a batch of sticky buns in the morning sounds like you'll be staying up all night, the trick to potluck success is to make these the night before and allow them to rise slowly in the refrigerator until it's time to bake. Or bake them and re-heat before serving!
• IKEA-Inspired Cinnamon Rolls
• No-Knead Pumpkin Rolls with Brown Sugar Glaze
4. Scones and Muffins - Don't be tempted to limit your potluck options to dishes that need to be served hot. These are crowd pleasers and easy to make a night in advance, or even a few days before.
• Fresh Cranberry Scones
• Cheddar and Leek Muffins
5. Granola - Change things up a bit with homemade granola and yogurt. Crunchy and on the healthy side, your friends will remember your unique contribution!
• 15 Recipes, Tips & Ideas for Delicious Homemade Granola
(Image: Faith Durand)