A kitchen island can be the solution to many problems: too little counter space, an awkwardly-shaped room, not enough storage. For so many benefits, islands can also be surprisingly economical — great value for not too much money.
If you're looking for a kitchen island that won't break the bank, these five islands are solid picks when you want extra prep space without paying through the nose.
- STENSTORP Kitchen Cart, $199 from IKEA: We love the STENSTORP's mix of materials. You get the look of wood with the easy-to-clean benefits of stainless steel.
- Crosley Natural Wood Top Kitchen Cart, $269 from Bed Bath & Beyond: The bottom shelf can be removed entirely for storing bigger appliances.
- Home Styles Kitchen Cart, $245 from Wayfair: A similar design to the Crosley shown above, but this one has a natural wood finish.
- EcoStorage Stainless Steel Table, $180 from Home Depot: For totally easy cleaning and maintenance, take it from the restaurant world and go with stainless steel.
- Cabin Creek Wood Kitchen Utility Table, $284 from Home Depot: Iron details give this cart a little industrial-chic vibe.
(Image credits: IKEA; Bed Bath & Beyond; Wayfair; Home Depot)