A good salad takes a little more effort than just throwing a bunch of lettuce in a bowl. Luckily, there are a few extra-handy tools that make the prep work easier.
These five gadgets will help you make a better salad.
- Twist & Pour Salad Dressing Mixer, $20 at OXO: You now have no excuse not to make your own salad dressing. This little container has measurement markings, a bidirectional mixing blade that can handle thin or thick dressings, and a drip-free pour spout.
- LooseLeaf, $8: Strip kale from its tough stem for a more enjoyable salad-eating experience. Or use the cute leaf-shaped tool with rosemary, thyme, or oregano to make an herby salad.
- Self-Watering Potted Herb Keeper, $20: Speaking of herbs, grow your own in this pot and it'll handle most of the hard work for you. It's got a special pad that pulls water up from a separate chamber as needed.
- One-Handed Salt and Pepper Mills, $30 at Williams-Sonoma: These little mills make it easy to season with one hand while you toss the greens with the other.
- Easy Pull Manual Food Processor, $29: Chop tomatoes, onions, and cucumbers all at once with this easy-to-use, multi-blade dicer.
Bonus must-have: This Salad Spinner Changed my Life