What is it about hot dogs that lends them to playing with your food so well? Sure, you could cut up hot dogs into bite-size pieces or serve them in plain buns and call it a day. But why do that when you can transform a quality all-beef hot dog into fun food art that you (or, ahem, your kids) will go crazy for?!
The next time your kids request hot dogs, consider skipping the traditional bun in favor of something way more fun! From race cars to creatures from the land and sea, your kids will love any one of these five super creative (and easy to make!) ways to serve up hot dogs.
- Hot "dogs"- These super cute dog rolls really put the dog in hot dog!
- Hot dog caterpillar - These hot dog caterpillars are far from the creepy, crawly sort!
- Speed racer - Beep, beep! There's a hot dog roadster coming through! Assembly is easy with just two small gherkins, a pickle chip, black olives and a crescent roll needed to make each car.
- Sea creatures - Use just one hot dog to make two mini octopi and two crabs.
- Hot dog butterfly - Not only are these hot dog butterflies adorable, but they're also a cinch to make. All it takes is hot dogs and a tube of refrigerated crescent rolls.
What's the most creative way you've served up hot dogs?