We'll admit we're a bit addicted to our phones at times. Whether it's social media, reading, or catching up on podcasts, sometimes we can't pull ourselves away. And then there are the games; whether you have lots of games on your phone, or just a select few favorites, there are plenty of fun food-themed games to play.
So when you're enjoying a little down time on this holiday Monday, try your hand at one of these addictive games. Just be careful not to lose the whole afternoon.
- Sky Burger: Try to catch and stack burger ingredients that are falling from the sky, Tetris-style. The key is you have to catch the ingredients that were part of your original order, and let the others fall flat. (Available on iTunes & Android.)
- Fruit Ninja: Slice up as much fruit as you can in this fast-paced game. The more you slice, the bigger and better slicing tools you earn. Thankfully, chopping technique doesn't matter. (Available on iTunes & Android.)
- Bread? Milk? Supermarket Maze: This maze game is set in a grocery store, and you have to out-shop other customers for the essentials you'll need to stock up on. (Available on iTunes.)
- Cooking Mama: If you want a game that uses your culinary skills (kind of), try this Japanese game. Follow the on-screen instructions to create the dishes in the game. If only those skills translated to the actual kitchen. (Available on iTunes & Android.)
- Candy Crush Saga: Of course, we couldn't leave Candy Crush off the list. To play, line up three or more like candies in a row to clear the board and move on to the next challenge. (Available on iTunes & Android.)