- Craftsman Bungalow Open Storage - At first glance, this looks like a boarded-up window, but I think it's actually between-the-stud storage, cleverly outlined with trim that looks original. (No more info than this on this solution, unfortunately; it's a photo I noticed in a real estate listing!)
- Double Recessed Pantry - Here it looks like space on either side of a stud was reclaimed for a double pantry. So useful!
- IKEA CD Rack Storage - IKEA CD racks were inserted in the spaces between the studs. Great solution for kitchen or dining room.
- Recessed Shelf over Countertop - This is another great use of this technique: Reclaiming space over the countertop, in the backsplash. These recessed shelves keep ingredients handy while keeping them away from heat and too much light.
- Squeezed-In Pantry - A great example of how otherwise unusable space can be used in this way. A shelf would never have fit in this teeny space between doors, but a recessed pantry is totally awesome here.
Instructions on Building a Spice Cabinet Between the Studs Ready to try this yourself? Here are some good instructions from HGTV on installing a spice cabinet between the studs in your kitchen.
→ Built-In Spice Rack at HGTVDo you have recessed cabinets or shelves between the studs in your kitchen? Want to share pictures or tips? We'd love to get more tips on making this happen! Related: Small Space Saver: Fold-Down Shelf (Images: Realtor.com listing; Aidan Design via Houzz; Allenaim Photography via Houzz; Leva & Bo; Spaces Into Places via Houzz)