Sometimes overhead lighting just isn't enough in your kitchen. If that's the case, you'll probably consider task lighting, spotlights, or another hardwired solution. Unless, of course, you're a renter — then you're stuck with whatever extra light you can work into your space.
We love the look of table lamps in the kitchen. Not only can they be a less expensive and less permanent solution, but when done right, they make a room feel polished and professionally styled. It's not the most common solution, but it's one we really like. Here are five smart examples of table lamps in the kitchen.
- Task Lighting - Logan Killen Interiors: This tiny lamp illuminates just the corner of the kitchen and is perfect for illuminating food prep.
- By the Sink - Lisa Gabrielson Interior Design: These pale blue lamps beautifully frame the sink in this farmhouse kitchen.
- Counter Divider - Scavullo Design Interiors: The divider in the middle of this island counter is the perfect place for a few lamps. It adds a warm glow to the space.
- Countertop - McGill Design Group: Because these white lamps are exactly the same color as the cabinets they blend into, they don't make the kitchen feel cluttered.
- Simple Decoration - Lonny: Adding a figural lamp to your kitchen gives it a little more personality, along with the light.