Earlier this week, Emma asked if any of us were planning on setting up a kiddie table. For those of you who are, here are a few ideas for decorating it in a fun-loving, child-appealing way:If the table has its own flair that gets the attention of the children, it could go a long way in making the little ones happier at their designated table.
- Colorful paper plates and turkey napkins are low-hassle but very cute for the kids. This idea comes from Holidash.
- Frog Prince Paperie goes all out with crafts, table settings, and even individual little pies for dessert.
- Cute turkey place cards leave room for children to contribute: the tail feathers are actually Thanksgiving quiz questions with the answers on the back. See more on this craft, complete with quiz template, at Martha Stewart.
- Photo drink labels like this one from Parents Magazine allow even the littlest ones to keep track of their own special cup throughout the day.
- We love this one from Martha Stewart. Cover the kid's table with an inexpensive paper map and set out paper boat place cards. The map will keep their attention clear through dinner - heck, we'd even use this for adults!
Related: Thanksgiving Decor: Fun Ideas for the Kids' Table
(Images: Seth Smoot, Frog Prince Paperie, Martha Stewart, Aimee Herring, Martha Stewart)