Valentine's Day has always struck me as a holiday more for children than for lovers; children get sweet crafts and candy hearts while we adults get kitsch and overpriced roses. Here are five sweet treats and crafts that really point out how charming and sweet it can be to celebrate Valentine's Day affection with a little one.
Of course, all of these ideas could be swiped for us grown-ups, too!
• 1 Valentine lunches from Lisa Storms. Sweet and cute lunch ideas from a creative mom.
• 2 Chocolate domo-kun heart cookies from alanabread. Adorable Japanese-inspired cookies.
• 3 Pancake hearts from Una de Dos gastroblog (in Spanish). Gorgeous lacy pancakes for a weekend breakfast. To make these, use a squeeze bottle with a narrow tip and squeeze out narrow scrolls of pancake batter in a pretty pattern.
• 4 Valentine Rice Krispies Treats from Babies, Paper and Song. Totally simple: Add a bit of pink coloring to good old rice krispie treats (beet powder is a nice natural substitute for food coloring) and cut into hearts.
• 5 Valentine's Doings from Make It Do. My favorite of the bunch! Rolls of Rollo candies look like old-fashioned TNT, with a cute message.
Do you have any plans for celebrating Valentine's with a kid this year?
Related: Take Another Little Pizza My Heart: Valentine's Day Cards for Food-Lovers
(Images: Lisa Storms; Alana Dimou of alanabread; Una de Dos gastroblog; Lisa of Babies, Paper and Song; Calli of Make It Do)