Carriage house conversions always catch my imagination, leading me to daydream about living in a cozy little relic from days gone by. And the room I most often picture in those daydreams? Why, the kitchen, of course!Be it an ultra-modern take on an historic building type or a nod to the period, here are five kitchens that bring old carriage houses to the level of a comfy home. They're also great studies in small-space (generally one-sided galley) kitchens.
- This carriage house is an accessory building to a mid century modern home for sale in Seattle. Nice!
- We're loving the contrasting grout in this kitchen from Coastal Living.
- This tiny San Francisco kitchen is tucked into a converted carriage house designed by architect Christi Azevedo.
- A kitchen in the sunny rafters of a Nantucket bed and breakfast.
- A cheery little yellow carriage house kitchen by Fairfax & Sammons.