Stockpots, sauce pans, skillets, and Dutch ovens—they are absolute essentials in the kitchen, but they can be such a pain to store. Even if you buy a complete set from one company in one style, they still don't fit together for easy storage.
With that in mind, these five storage solutions make even those oddly shaped pans easy to store.
- Under the Island: We've seen plenty of pot racks hanging above a kitchen island, but rarely do we see them hanging below the counter. This is best if you don't intend to sit and eat at the island.
- Custom Drawers: Without a doubt, the simplest solution is a deep drawer to stack your cookware. Just be sure that lid storage is taken into account as well. We love this separate slot that keeps them corralled in the back.
- Peg Board Drawers: This "drawer" has the versatility of pegboard all while keeping things under wraps. If you have the space consider doing a full-height cabinet for even more storage.
- Custom Closet: If you don't need your pantry for food storage, consider designing your shelving to hold your pots and pans instead. If you don't want to store your lids on the pans they belong with, consider adding a hanging rack for them.
- Fence Posts: This might be the most whimsical of all the ideas. But it's proof that you can find inspiration in unlikely objects. We also imagine that a shipping pallet would make great hanging pot storage.