While eating all that ridiculously good food for Thanksgiving, it's unlikely that you're thinking about breakfast for the following day. If, however, you have a house full of guests, and you don't feel like grazing or just making sandwiches, these five recipes utilize leftovers in simple, smart ways.
As you can tell from the photos of four of the recipes, eggs are your friend for transforming Thanksgiving leftovers. It's easy to reheat things in a skillet or make a fancy leftover sandwich and simply put a fried egg on top of the dish. If you're looking for something lighter, however, the simple parfait is an easy yet delicious alternative.
1. Leftover Breakfast Biscuits - How Sweet It Is. Biscuits topped with leftover mashed potatoes, gravy, turkey, and a runny egg.
2. Turkey Holiday Hash - Boulder Locavore. Leftover turkey and stuffing go into a fresh and hot breakfast skillet.
3. Orange Cranberry Parfait - Sweet Remedy. So easy! Cranberry sauce, yogurt, some crumbled rice cake. Done.
4. Customizable Breakfast Bread Bowls - Perfecting the Pairing. Bread bowls stuffed with leftovers and baked.
5. Sweet Potato and Cornbread Hash with Veggie Sausage Gravy - The Kitchn. A vegetarian hash made with leftover stuffing and fried up in a pan.
What do you usually do for breakfast the day after Thanksgiving? Do you keep it light? Or use up leftovers?
(Image credits: How Sweet It Is; Boulder Locavore ; Sweet Remedy ; Perfecting the Pairing ; Joanna Miller)