Even though we just started in on French Week, we can't help ourselves when it comes to the delicious looking recipes we're seeing that take full advantage of the Fall harvest apples. Here's 5 that caught our attention and are demanding a little bit of your time as well!
Five Apple Treats
1. Maple Candied Apples: from Sprinkle Bakes, these apples are at the top of our list. They're a hard candy coated apple with a touch of maple, topped off with a little bit of spun sugar to make them look extra amazing. Make up a bunch for your upcoming parties and thank us later!
2. Apple Cinnamon Steel Cut Oatmeal (served in an apple): from My Baking Addiction, this presentation is too cute for words. It could serve as a great breakfast, lunch or heck... even dinner. It's a great way to add a little extra oomph to simply ingredients that will keep you full and energized for your fall activities!
3. Chocolate Caramel Apples with Salted Pretzels: from CHOW. These apples are coated in chocolate and caramel in one easy step and their crunchy coating is sure to be a hit. It looks like it could also be easy to core your apples and fill them with chocolate (then insert the stick) and allow to cool before dipping! Delish!
4. Easy Apple Cake: from Bakerella looks like a tasty treat for sure. Many of us grew up with apple cakes in our parents' or grandparents' kitchens, so if you've lost the recipe for theirs, this one looks to be a mighty delicious choice indeed. Did we mention there's dates?
5. Sticky Spiked Double-Apple Cake with a Brown Sugar-Brandy Sauce: from right here at The Kitchn. If you haven't made it yet, it's sure to become a quick family classic that you'll find yourself sneaking bites of when no one is looking!
(Images: Sprinkle Bakes; My Baking Addiction; CHOW; Bakerella; Faith Durand)