Of course Valentine's Day means that there's an extra amount of attention being paid to chocolate on the 14th, but I would argue that all of February should be dedicated to chocolate, even the occasional appearance of February 29th! Winter is deep in its dreary phase and we need what chocolate has to offer — all of its richness, its bittersweet depth, and its dark, melty, endorphin-inducing goodness.
These 33 recipes, from extra-dark brownies with sea salt & lime to a chocolate bourbon truffle tart to coconut ganache bourbon balls, offer us more than enough inspiration to make something chocolatey every day in February and beyond.
From simple sheet cakes to classic devil's food to cupcakes, these are our most chocolatey, most delicious, most February-worthy cakes!
- Chocolate Pudding Cake with Coke Frosting
- How To Make Chocolate Sheet Cake
- How To Make the Best Flourless Chocolate Cake
- Chocolate Coconut Cake
- Ina Garten's Devil's Food Cake
- Chocolate Beet Cupcakes with Sour Cream Ganache Frosting
- Black Forest Cupcakes
- 4-Ingredient Nutella Mug Cake
Cookies and Brownies
Brownies are a tried-and-true vehicle for delivering as much chocolate as possible into our bodies. We've got brownies that are extra dark, swirled with fruit, and sprinkled with all manner of things. Oh, and there are also a few cookies here.
- Chocolate Mexican Wedding Cookies
- Dark Chocolate Brownies with Raspberry Goat Cheese Swirl
- Fudgy Hazelnut Rye Brownies
- Extra-Dark Brownies with Sea Salt & Lime
- Speculoos-Swirl Skillet Brownie
- How To Make Chewy Brownies
- Dark Chocolate Walnut Cookies
- Chocolate Peppermint Sandwich Cookies
- Chocolate Crinkle Cookies
Chocolate pudding is a childhood treat, but that doesn't mean that adults can't have some of the delicious fun, too.
- Vegan Chocolate-Almond Chia Pudding
- Chocolate Pudding Cups with Coconut Cream
- How To Make the Best Chocolate Avocado Pudding
- How To Make Perfect Chocolate Pudding from Scratch
- Chocolate Whiskey Pots de Crème
Tarts and Pies
Take the rich silkiness of a chocolate pudding and spoon it into a buttery, flaky shell and just like that, a perfect dessert is born. It you haven't had French silk pie or a truffle tart in a while, it's time you got baking!
- Vegan Banana & Chocolate Coconut Pie
- Chocolate Truffle Tart with Vanilla Crème Brulee
- Classic Dessert Recipe: French Silk Pie
- Chocolate Bourbon Truffle-Turtle Tart
To drink chocolate is to consume it in one of its most ancient forms — liquid heaven. And while hot chocolate is certainly classic, these days we also make chocolate into a smoothie and add red wine to our cocoa mugs. Progress!
- Chocolate Coconut Avocado Smoothie
- Red Wine Hot Chocolate
- How To Make Hot Chocolate
- Have You Tried Caramelized White Chocolate?
Truffles and Bars
Here's a secret: Truffles are actually really easy to make and only require a few ingredients, yet their payoff is enormous in flavor and panache. Let's declare February truffle month!