Last month The Kitchn was all about cleaning, stocking, and organizing the freezer. We had our very first Freezer Cure to fill up your weekends; Jessica Fisher offered a wealth of freezer tips; and Faith shared her freezer meal party where she and her family made 50 meals for less than $300.
Now that you have the resources and ideas, all you need to do is decide on some delicious recipes to stash in your freezer for busy mornings or evenings. From grown-up prosciutto and cheddar hot pockets, to veggie burgers, to a chicken pasta bake, there's no holding back your freezer's potential.
With a little planning, the right tools, and some up-front work, you freezer will be stocked in no time. It's a great way to stick to a budget and save time. On those days when you don't have time to cook (or just don't feel like it), but don't want to go out to eat or order in, eating something from the freezer is a welcome comfort. Think of stocking your freezer as showing yourself a little future love.
Each of these recipes have freezer-friendly instructions. Some call for leaving out certain ingredients (like dairy) until you plan on eating the meal, and others call for portioning out the meal before freezing. Don't worry – you got this.
28 Freezer-Friendly Recipes
Let's start at the end: all the little treats that are a reward for stocking your freezer so well.
- How To Make Chocolate-Dipped Frozen Banana Bites
- Carrot Cake Power Bites
- Frozen Chocolate Oreo Ice Cream Cake
- How To Freeze Cookie Dough
Breakfast & Brunch Freezer Favorites
Give your mornings a boost!
- How To Make Freezer-Friendly Breakfast Sandwiches
- Freezer-Friendly Spinach Feta Breakfast Wraps
- Grown-Up Prosciutto & Cheddar Hot Pockets
- Chile & Sausage Oven Frittata
- Frozen Single-Serve Oatmeal with Almonds & Dried Cherries
- Overnight Yeasted Waffles
- Spiced Carrot Oat Breakfast Cookies
- Apple Streusel Pancake Bars
Freezer-Friendly Meaty Dinners
Hearty meat, easily pulled out on a busy weeknight.
- Chicken and Wild Rice Bake
- Slow Cooker Cranberry Pork Chops
- Chicken Lentil Soup
- White Bean & Bacon Soup
- Slow-Cooked Bolognese Sauce
- Chicken Pasta Bake with Spinach & Parmesan
- Slow Cooker Chicken Burrito Bowls
- Cheesy Southwestern Twice-Baked Potatoes with Beans & Corn
How to Make Calzones (And Freeze Them for Later!)
And yes, the freezer is fabulous for vegetarian meals as well as traditional chili and pork chops.
- Freezer-Friendly Roasted Vegetable Burritos with Black Beans and Rice
- Three Sisters Empanadas
- Sauerkraut, Potato & Cheese Pierogi
- Shiitake Mushroom & Tofu Potstickers
- Best-Ever Veggie Burger
- Lentil, Mushroom & Sweet Potato Shepherd's Pie
- Roasted Sweet Potato Wraps with Caramelized Onions and Pesto