If you're searching for a way to add more meatless protein to your dinner roster, look no further than lentils. The affordable, quick-cooking legume packs one serious protein punch and is incredibly versatile. From soups and salads to braises and bakes, here are 25 delicious ways to bring lentils to your dinner table.
It's hard to beat the hearty satisfaction of a big bowl of lentil soup. Lentils can bulk up just about any pot of simmering broth and turn it into an easy meal.
- Slow Cooker Vegan Lentil Chili
- Red Lentil Soup
- Ethiopian-Style Spinach & Lentil Soup
- Lentil Dal with Hearty Greens
- Lentil Soup with Lemon Yogurt Cream
- Pomegranate Lentil Soup
- Chicken Lentil Soup
- Fridge-Clearing Lentil Soup
- Slow Cooker Lemon Dal
Lentil salads come in all shapes and sizes, which means there is bound to be one that fits your current mood. If you're craving something light, make a cool lentil salad with a simple vinaigrette; if you're feeling like something more comforting, churn out a warm lentil salad and add bacon to the situation.
- Warm French Lentil Salad with Bacon & Herbs
- Baked Red Lentil Falafel Salad
- Colorful Lentil Salad with Walnuts & Herbs
- Warm Bulgur and Lentil Salad with Roasted Shrimp
- Lentils with Broiled Eggplant
- Cold Lentil Salad with Cucumbers and Olives
Whether it's something as simple as spiced lentils topped with a fried egg or a little more dressed up like a lentil curry, lentils are bowl food at its best.
- Roasted Cauliflower & Lentil Bowl with Sweet Potato Hummus
- Braised Lentils and Chard Topped with an Egg
- Wild Rice Bowl with Red Lentil Curry and Spinach
- Spiced Lentils with Egg
- Tomato-Braised Lentils with Broccoli Rabe
- Brown Rice Bowl with Lentils, Caramelized Onions & Fried Egg
Bakes and Braises
Lentils can take the place of ground meat in casseroles and pies, thanks to their hearty texture, but can also make a nice bed for actual meat if you're more inclined.