Are you dreaming of salad during these sweltering summer days? Heavy on veggies and light on dressing, with just enough heft to fill you up, salad is the refreshing dinner you need at the end of the day. Cycle this selection through your meal plan, and you can count on easy, satisfying meals that turn your farmers market haul and the leftovers veggies in the crisper, into dinner.
From a fajita-inspired steak salad to a warm cauliflower number, a quintessential summer tomato salad, and hearty grain salads, these 25 satisfying recipes are the key to your salad dreams this summer.
If you're worried about salad not filling you up, these recipe, packed with seared flank steak, chicken breast, and juicy carnitas will calm those fears forever.
- Warm Fajita Steak Salad
- Chicken and Veggie Pesto Salad
- Greek Chicken Salad
- Spicy Carnitas Salad Bowl
- Zucchini Buffalo Chicken Salad
- Make-Ahead Chicken and Veggie Chopped Salad
No lettuce, no problem! Leafy greens are not a requirement for salad, and this line up is proof.
- Roasted Cauliflower Salad with Chickpeas, Feta, and Herbs
- Tomato Salad with Red Onion, Dill, and Feta
- Chilled Black Bean, Feta & Cucumber Salad
- Vegetarian Taco Salad
- Tofu and Broccoli Salad with Peanut Butter Dressing
- Mediterranean Cauliflower Couscous Salad with Roasted Chickpeas & Lemon Dressing
- Greek-Style Tuna Salad
- Chopped BBQ Chicken Salad
On those nights you're craving all this green things, here are some of the most delicious ways to turn kale, lettuce, or any leafy greens you have around into dinner.
- Kale & Quinoa Salad with Dates, Almonds & Citrus Dressing
- Baked Red Lentil Falafel Salad
- Lyonnaise Salad
- Broccoli and Kale Caesar Salad
- How To Make Fattoush (Middle Eastern Bread Salad) at Home
Cook up a pot of grains, and you're well on your way to a hearty, filling salad for dinner.