Vegan tamales, baked tofu, roasted vegetables on polenta, and the very best veggie burger ever. These were just a few of the vegetarian and vegan recipes we published in 2009. Here's a full roundup of our favorites from this past year; bookmark this for some fresh and healthy January cooking!
Photos above have captions with links to the pictured recipe.
• Breanne's Polenta with Black Beans and Coconut Tomato
• Quebecois Feves au Lard, or Maple Baked Beans (the vegan version)
• Black Rice with Edamame
• Lauren's New Orleans-Style Vegan Muffuletta
• Jean's Roasted Vegetables on Creamy Polenta
• Butternut Squash, Sage, and Parmesan Pasties
• Best-Ever Veggie Burgers from Northstar Cafe
• Bánh Mì with Lemongrass Tofu
• Grilled Eggplant Topped with Goat Cheese and Tomato
• Melinda's Spaghetti Squash With Avocado and Parmesan
(Images: See linked posts for full image credits)