Everyone knows that staying home on Valentine's Day is a much better option than eating out, right? A romantic meal at home has so many advantages over a noisy, overpriced, overcrowded restaurant. If you're not convinced, then here are 25 recipes for your romantic consideration. And they don't have to be complicated. One-pot shrimp scampi is delicious and simple, although if putting some time in at the stove is your jam, try steak with drunken mushrooms & roasted blue cheese potatoes.
Quick but Fancy Pastas
Pasta is a great Valentine's dinner choice. It can be made really fancy, as it takes well to things like seafood and truffles, and it can come together really fast, which leaves you more time for ... cuddling.
- Caramelized Figs and Ravioli with Rosemary Brown Butter & Crispy Prosciutto
- Orecchiette with Caramelized Fennel and Spicy Sausage
- One-Pot Shrimp Scampi
- Butternut Squash Fettuccine Alfredo
- Triple Lemon Fettucine Alfredo
- Creamy Asparagus and Shrimp Pasta
- Ruth Reichl's Savory Sweet Pasta for Michael
Seafood is a favorite choice for Valentine's Day because it can be a little spendy and not usually served for everyday meals. Plus, it tastes delicious and brings to mind warm, sandy beaches in the middle of February.
- How To Make the Best Ahi Poke
- Stir-Fried Chile-Lemon Shrimp and Rice Noodles
- Nobu's Miso-Marinated Black Cod
- Crab Cakes with Easy Rémoulade
- Donal Skehan's Mussels in Irish Cider
- Crack, Slurp, Repeat: How To Shuck an Oyster
- Honey Garlic Shrimp
- Sustainable Seafood Stew
- Ludo Lefebvre's Squid Pad Thai
Classic Fancy Foods
Sometime it's best to stick with classic dishes on Valentine's Day. You know, when you bring out the fancy ingredients or spend the whole day in the kitchen as proof of your love and devotion.
- Slow-Cooked Boeuf Bourguignon
- How To Cook Perfect Steak in the Oven
- Whole Grilled Branzino
- Mushroom and Leek Risotto
- How To Roast a Leg of Lamb: The Simplest, Easiest Method
- Honey-Glazed Pork Tenderloin
- Dinner Recipe for Two: Duck Breast with Pomegranate-Citrus Glaze
- Onion and Mushroom Tart
- Steak with Drunken Mushrooms & Roasted Blue Cheese Potatoes