Somewhere along the line, the sandwich got defined as lunch food. That's a shame because if you stuff good bread with enough hearty, flavorful things, a dinner sandwich can be the best meal of all. Maybe it's something as simple and satisfying as a grilled cheese stuffed with juicy slices of tomato, a hot and indulgent French dip, or a cold sandwich piled high with deli meats and cheeses. We rounded up our 25 most favorite sandwiches that fit the bill for the evening meal — utensils not required, but you may definitely need a napkin or two.
Stuff beef, pork, turkey, or chicken between two slices of bread, and whether it's a hot or cold sandwich, you know that you've got a hearty meal in your hands.
- Naan Wraps with Homemade Cucumber Raita
- How To Make a Sandwich for a Crowd
- How To Make Slow-Cooker French Dip Sandwiches
- Cuban Grilled Cheese Sandwich
- Pressure Cooker Italian Beef Sandwiches
- Pulled Pork Sandwiches
- Italian Chicken Salad Sandwiches
- Pork Tenderloin and Onion Jam Sandwiches
- Weeknight Philly Cheesesteak Sandwiches
- Sirloin Steak Sandwiches
- Roasted Red Pepper, Chicken & Mozzarella Sandwich
- Ham, Brie, Marmalade and Arugula Pressed Sandwich
- How To Make Sloppy Joes in the Slow Cooker
- The Ultimate Croque Madame
Fish and Shrimp Sandwiches
Fish fillets, canned tuna, and shrimp like to play the sandwich game, too, and they do it exceptionally well.
- Baked Fish Fillet Sandwiches
- Tuna Melts with Olive Oil Mayonnaise & Parmesan
- Smoky Salmon BLTs
- Shrimp and Avocado Po' Boys
Vegetarian and Vegan Sandwiches
Or, if you'd prefer to keep things meat-free, there are plenty of options that satisfy. Keep the cheese in the situation to please the vegetarians or cut it to make it vegan-friendly.