The key to avoiding another sad desk lunch at the office is simple: It's all about the make-ahead recipes. Find a smart recipe that you can make in bulk and enjoy eating all week. Sandwiches, soup, salads – there's no reason you should be ordering take-out or hitting the vending machine when there are simple, delicious recipes to be devoured.
From a kale and quinoa salad with dates, to pita pockets with chicken and Manchego, you'll be brown baggin' it in style at the office all week long. Monday has nothing on these on these make-ahead lunch options.
The key to preparing a great make-ahead lunch is knowing when and how to keep things apart in a recipe. A good question to ask yourself is whether the flavors will meld well if kept together for a couple days, and whether or not something will get soggy, or go bad when mixed with another element of the recipe.
A great example of this is Faith's "Salad Swag," where she breaks down the components of simple lunch salads.
23 Make-Ahead Lunches for Work
- Tortellini Salad with Figs, Walnuts, Prosciutto & Greens
- Kale & Quinoa Salad with Dates, Almonds & Citrus Dressing
- Baked Red Lentil Falafel Salad
- Green Goddess Quinoa Salad Bowl
- Orzo with Butternut Squash, Spinach & Blue Cheese
- Mediterranean Cauliflower Couscous Salad
- Cold Lentil Salad with Cucumbers and Olives
- Wheat Berry Salad with Blood Oranges, Feta & Red Onion Vinaigrette
- Chilled Black Bean, Feta & Cucumber Salad
Sandwiches & Pita Pockets
- Roasted Sweet Potato Wraps with Caramelized Onions and Pesto
- Pita Pockets with Crunchy Romaine, Roasted Beets, Chicken & Manchego Cheese
- Mediterranean Veggie Pita Sandwich
- Open-Faced Chicken Salad Sandwich
- Chicken Lentil Soup
- Sweet Potato Soup with Miso and Ginger
- Soba Noodle Soup with Mushrooms & Chard
- Southwestern Butternut Squash Soup
- Freezer-Friendly Roasted Vegetable Burritos with Black Beans and Rice
- Miso-Roasted Asparagus Soba Noodle Salad
- Tofu Chickpea Stir-Fry with Tahini Sauce
- Cold Noodle Salad with Creamy Peanut Sauce
With so many choices, how can you choose just one? Play our recipe roulette by pausing the video whenever you like and start prepping your lunch tonight.