You heard it here first: This is the summer that fire pit cooking becomes a thing. If you don't have a fire pit, we suggest you get one — and then get cooking! It's the easiest and most fun way to escape without leaving your home.
As a rule, anything you can cook on the grill you can also cook on a fire pit — as along as you've got a grill grate. More often than not I find my own fire pit gets lit late in the evening without any forethought, meaning anything I'm going to cook on it needs to be tasty, easy, and short on ingredients. Here are the 23 recipes I lean on for easy entertaining meals from the fire pit.
Snacks or Apps
A fire pit can warm dips, melt cheese, and pop popcorn with ease, but when you want an appetizer that's just a little bit fancier, reach for one (or more) of these.
- How To Roast Shishito Peppers
- Grilled Peppadews with Smoked Mozzarella
- Grilled Smoked Sausage Skewers with Three Zesty Sauces
- How To Make Elote (Mexican Street Corn)
Here's what happens with my family: We are lingering around the fire after a day on the beach and suddenly everyone is hungry (and the adults are at least one beer into the evening). These recipes are perfectly satisfying and super easy.
- Grilled Nacho Platters
- How To Make the Best Grilled Pizza
- Grilled Beer & Maple Bratwurst
- Grilled Meatball Kebabs
My late-night sweet tooth always gets the best of me. The safe answer around the camp fire is s'mores, so try one of these 14 ideas. Or try my favorite skillet cobbler that bakes up beautifully on a grill grate over the fire.
- Campfire Banana Boat S'mores
- Nutella Skillet S'mores
- Blueberry Skillet Cobbler with Whole-Wheat Biscuits
- 12 Creative S'mores for a Party