Whipping up a hot breakfast from scratch in the morning — be it on leisurely weekends or busy weekdays — always sounds like a good idea, but sometimes it's difficult to make happen.
Well, these 23 recipes are here to jump-start things for you. If you prep, assemble, or even bake your breakfast the night before, you'll be left with minimal work when you wake up.
Yes, you can make a slew of different breakfast sandwiches ahead of time. While you're at it, make an even bigger batch and stock your freezer with the leftovers. I guarantee your future self will love you for it!
- Freezer-Friendly Potato, Chorizo, and Cheesy Egg Burritos
- Freezer-Friendly Frittata Breakfast Sandwiches
- Ham, Egg, and Cheese Breakfast Quesadilla
- Sausage, Egg, and Cheese Bread Boats
- Scrambled Chickpea and Spinach Pitas
Make-Ahead Breakfast Casseroles
When I think about make-ahead breakfasts, casseroles (both sweet and savory) are always the first things that come to mind. Prep one the night before, and then all you need to do is pop it in the oven in the morning. In fact, French toast casseroles, stratas, and any recipes made with bread and custard are even better after sitting overnight in the fridge.
- Sweet Potato & Spinach Breakfast Strata
- Blueberry Pancake Casserole
- Apple-Cinnamon French Toast Casserole
- Egg and Chorizo Breakfast Casserole
- Make-Ahead "Ham & Cheese" Breakfast Casserole
- Breakfast Polenta Squares with Spinach & Bacon
Baked Breakfast Treats
Whether you skew sweet or savory, you can never go wrong with muffins, scones, quick bread, or other baked goods for breakfast.
- Strawberry Cheesecake Breakfast Bars
- Chocolate-Cherry Granola Muffins
- Savory Muffins with Prosciutto & Chives
- Freeze-and-Bake Lemon Poppy Seed Scones
- Almond-Fig Breakfast Quick Bread
- Gluten-Free Granola Toasting Bread
- Savory Breakfast Toaster Tarts
- Spiced Carrot Oat Breakfast Cookies
If your idea of a good breakfast is all about comfort, look no further than oatmeal. Bake it into cakey squares or cups, or fill up your slow cooker at night, and then wake up to a bowl of piping-hot oats in the morning.