Asparagus — that fast-growing symbol of spring, with its tender shoots and snappy stalks — is abundantly available this time of year and we're eager to eat it at every opportunity.
Here are 21 ways to get asparagus on your table as fast as possible, and to eat it for nearly every meal, from a breakfast frittata to a soba noodle lunch salad to a fresh, vegetable-topped polenta for supper. We haven't found a way to turn it into dessert just yet, but maybe you'll be inspired to try after you eat your way through this lineup.
- Spring Frittata with Asparagus & Radishes
- Zucchini and Asparagus Strata
- Asparagus with Eggs and Parmesan
- Mushroom-Asparagus Frittata
Side Dish Stars
- How To Cook Asparagus in the Oven
- Asparagus Ribbons
- Miso-Roasted Asparagus Soba Noodle Salad
- Asparagus & Pecorino
- Grilled Asparagus with Bacon Vinaigrette
- Caesar-Roasted Asparagus
- Asparagus & Radishes with Mint
- Spring Grain Salad with Asparagus & Meyer Lemon