In months filled with root vegetables and soups of beans and lentils, it's nice to know you can depend on the seasonal citrus surge. When it's too cold or gray to think about going outside, Meyer lemons, blood oranges, and grapefruit will brighten your winter day. Sweet and sour, citrus perks up any recipe.
From sweet recipes, like gorgeous lemon sticky rolls and cookies with candied orange, to savory recipes, like a mascarpone-lemon spaghetti and orange-roasted carrots, here are over 20 ways to bring citrus into your home this week.
This month's Instagram theme for The Kitchn is beautiful citrus, and I've personally been so inspired by all the delicious creations readers have been posting. The bright pinks, yellows, oranges, reds, and even limes are just too pretty not to take a photo of and show to everyone.
What recipes are you making with citrus this winter? Here are a few to try during the next couple months.
- Sticky Lemon Rolls with Lemon Cream Cheese Glaze
- Winter Citrus Compote with Yogurt
- Blood Orange Mimosa Pitcher Cocktail
- Breakfast Sangria
- Honeyed Grapefruit Yogurt Parfait with Popped Amaranth
Lunch and Dinner Favorites
- Spaghetti with Mascarpone, Meyer Lemon, Spinach, and Hazelnuts
- Lemon Thyme Chicken Thighs
- Orange Roasted Carrots & Parsnips
- Green Salad with Orange, Avocado, and Red Onion
- Sicilian-Inspired Blood Orange Salad
- Citrus and Onion Salad
- Wheat Berry Salad with Blood Oranges, Feta & Red Onion Vinaigrette
- Heavenly Lemon Bars with Almond Shortbread Crust
- Lemon Poppyseed Bundt Cake
- Meyer Lemon Shaker Pie
- Lemon Cream Icebox Cake
- Lemon-Lime Curd with Rosemary Sables
- Grapefruit Honey Ginger Soda
- White Grapefruit & Elderflower Marmalade