Easter is a day for brunch — whether you eat it first thing in the morning, or well into the afternoon when the Easter egg hunt is over, with chocolate eggs for hors d'oeuvres. Brunch is also the best excuse to eat with friends and family early in the day, with sticky buns, ham, and platters of asparagus offered up for spring.
We have recipes for you, from make-ahead lemon rolls and avocado deviled eggs, to classic hot cross buns and breakfast sangria. Let these recipes help you celebrate with the people you love.
The Mains: Ham, Lamb, or Lasagna!
For the main dish at brunch, we're partial to options that serve a crowd. Ham is a classic with lamb right behind it, but sometimes neither are right for your celebration. Salmon or even a really lovely roast chicken are great options, too.
Meat & Seafood Dishes
- How To Roast a Leg of Lamb: The Simplest, Easiest Method
- How To Bake a Honey-Glazed Ham
- How To Make Honey-Glazed Ham in the Slow Cooker
- How To Cook Salmon in the Oven
- How To Make Lasagna
Eggs and Breakfast Casseroles
The magic of brunch is that you really get to serve whatever you like and eat what you like. So right next to that ham goes a stunning breakfast casserole and a platter of deviled eggs.
Start here: Use eggs that you've had for a while and pressure cook them for the best results.
- How To Make Deviled Eggs
- Beet-Pickled Deviled Eggs
- Seven Spice Deviled Eggs
- Smoky Deviled Eggs with Greek Yogurt & Frizzled Shallots
- Pimento Cheese Deviled Eggs with Toasted Pecans
- Avocado Deviled Eggs With Everything Bagel Topping
Egg Frittatas and the Best Breakfast Casseroles
Here's just a smattering of the many breakfast casseroles you have to choose from. Flip through the slideshow for an even bigger selection.
- Mushroom-Asparagus Frittata
- Breakfast Polenta Squares with Spinach & Bacon
- Brie & Mushroom Breakfast Strata
- Orange-Maple French Toast Casserole
- Baked Croque-Monsieur Casserole
Breads & Pastries
Finish your brunch spread with the classic hot cross buns, rich and dense potato rolls, or sticky-sweet lemon cream cheese rolls. There's even a soft roll you can make in an hour!
- Earl Grey Hot Cross Buns
- Sticky Lemon Rolls with Lemon Cream Cheese Glaze
- How to Make Soft and Tender Dinner Rolls
- Potato Dough Rolls
- How To Make Hot Cross Buns
Fresh Green Side Dishes
Spring produce is at peak freshness right around Easter, so be sure your table is full of asparagus, radishes, and greens.
- Lemon-Pepper Asparagus
- Bourbon-Glazed Carrots
- Brown-Butter Radishes
- Spring Grain Salad with Asparagus & Meyer Lemon
- Collard Green Salad with Strawberries & Tahini Dressing
Drinks and Mocktails
Don't forget something festive to drink. Whether that includes alcohol or not, there are plenty of spring beverages to make for your get-together.
- The Hint of Spring, with Rum, Blackberries & Sage
- Breakfast Sangria
- Strawberry Gin Smash
- Elderflower Champagne Cocktail
- Sparkling Strawberry Cucumber Mocktail
- Bubbly Peach and Thyme Mocktail
Pretty Spring Desserts
Dessert is just right for the occasion, no matter what time of the day you're celebrating. Go for something colorful. Here are a few pretty cakes and treats to inspire.