Easter is a day for brunch — whether you eat it first thing in the morning, or well into the afternoon, when the Easter egg hunt is over, with chocolate eggs for hors d'oeuvres. Brunch is also the best excuse to eat with friends and family early in the day, with sticky buns, ham, and platters of asparagus offered up for spring.
We have recipes for you, from make-ahead lemon rolls, to beet-pickled deviled eggs, to Earl Grey hot cross buns, to breakfast sangria. Let these 21 recipes help you celebrate with the people you love.
For the main dish at brunch, we're partial to roast lamb or baked honey-glazed ham, which both handily serve a crowd. After you've decided on the big dish, we have a spread of sweet and happy things everyone loves, like strawberry-sour cream scones, an asparagus-mint salad, and gorgeous cocktails.
Brunch Party Inspiration
We've thrown several brunches and lunches in our Gatherings from The Kitchn series. Here they are, with simple decorating inspiration, tips for make-ahead moments, and more.
Main Dishes for a Crowd
Recipes with Eggs
- How To Make Deviled Eggs
- Beet-Pickled Deviled Eggs
- Mushroom-Asparagus Frittata
- Breakfast Polenta Squares with Spinach & Bacon
- Brie & Mushroom Breakfast Strata
Breads & Pastries
- Earl Grey Hot Cross Buns
- Sticky Lemon Rolls with Lemon Cream Cheese Glaze
- Strawberry-Sour Cream Scones with Brown Sugar Crumble
- Sun-Dried Tomato & Pesto Rolls
- Monkey Bread with Bourbon Crème Anglaise
Fresh Green Side Dishes
- Spring Grain Salad with Asparagus & Meyer Lemon
- Crunchy Spring Salad with Dill Dressing
- Asparagus & Radishes with Mint
- Asparagus with Eggs and Parmesan
- Collard Green Salad with Strawberries & Tahini Dressing