Today is the last day of August, and although there are still 21 days of summer left, we know they're going to fly by. School will start back up again (or has already), the days will get cooler, and soon we'll be preparing for the holidays. Yeah, they're coming. Ready or not.
So we're making the most of the season by raising a glass of wine whenever possible. But what to drink?
This is an important question, so we turned to Minibar, a beverage delivery service that's quickly taking over the world (or at least the drinking world). We asked the New York-based company, which provides on-demand booze to thirsty customers in 26 cities, to share their top 20 wines of 2016.
Minibar's Bestselling Wines of 2016
Not surprisingly, rosé featured heavily on the list — as did bubbles from France, Italy, and Spain. New-world wines featured more prominently than old-world and, as far as varietals go, Pinot Noir made a strong showing.
Here's the full list.
- Oyster Bay Sauvignon Blanc, $14 at Wine.com
- Veuve Clicquot Yellow Label, $48 at Minibar
- Alamos Malbec, $10 at Minibar (and also in-store at Target!)
- Whispering Angel Rosé, $18 at Marketview Liquor
- The Pinot Project Pinot Noir, $12 at 67 Wine
- Kim Crawford Sauvignon Blanc, $14 at Total Wine
- La Marca Prosecco, $13 at BevMo
- Apothic Red, $9 at ABC Fine Wine and Spirits
- Cavit Pinot Grigio, $8 at Empire Wine
- Freixenet Cordon Negro Brut, $11 at Shop Wine Direct
- VRAC Rosé, $30 at Sip Fine Wine
- Cristalino Cava Brut, $9 at Vinesse
- Chandon Brut, $19 at Fine Wine House
- Bogle Chardonnay, $7 at Gary's Wine and Marketplace
- Mark West Pinot Noir, $11 at Wine Legacy
- Cupcake Sauvignon Blanc, $10 at Wine.com
- Miraval Rosé, $18 at Wine Library
- Underwood Pinot Noir, $8 at Chelsea Wine Vault
- Riff Pinot Grigio, $15 at Mash & Grape
- A to Z Pinot Noir, $15 at Total Wine
Are any of your favorites featured here?