Next time you're at the grocery store, buy that big bag of carrots. I am always surprised by how cheap a bag is — it will barely set you back a few dollars — and that's still the case even if you're buying organic! So, naturally, we consider carrots to be a good grocery investment all around. In fact, there aren't many other vegetables that can be equally tasty roasted alongside a whole chicken as they can be baked into a cake that's piled with cream cheese frosting.
You'll have no trouble cooking your way through the bag (and getting a serious dose of vitamin A) — especially if you lean on these 20 recipes for inspiration.
Sides, Salads, and Starters
Carrots make for a colorful side dish or unique appetizer, whether roasted, glazed, shredded for a crunchy salad, or blended into a creamy dip. If you bought that bag of rainbow carrots, you can have even more fun with how the final dish looks.
- Bourbon-Glazed Carrots
- Roasted Carrots with Orange
- Grilled Carrots with Lemon and Dill
- Orange Roasted Carrots & Parsnips
- Carrot Tahini Salad
- Marinated Baby Beet and Carrot Salad with Yogurt Ranch Dressing
- Kohlrabi and Carrot Slaw
- Cumin-Roasted Carrots with Wild Rice and Chickpeas
- Moroccan-Spiced Carrot Hummus
Mains for Lunch & Dinner
Carrots become part of the main attraction when they're tossed with pasta or tucked alongside a roast.
- Savory Carrot & Zucchini Pancakes
- Moroccan-Spiced Carrot & Sorghum Soup
- Carrot Ribbon Fettuccine
- Roast Chicken with Fennel, Carrots, and Gremolata
- Individual Pot Roasts with Thyme-Glazed Carrots
Sweet Breakfast & Dessert Treats
Carrot cake is classic, sure, but carrots can dabble in other sweets too, like muffins and even cookies!