One of the top qualities I seek in most recipes is versatility. I know I've found a good one when it's something that can easily pull double duty as lunch or dinner. This lineup of vegetarian options leans on pantry staples and whole, protein-rich foods to make a meal that's filling and light enough for lunch, yet substantial enough to serve as supper. From chickpea salad to warm grain bowls, these 20 vegetarian recipes can fit into your meal plan as lunch or dinner.
No wimpy salads here. When salad is your main meal, you want them to be smart, filling, and full of different flavors and textures. These recipes are loaded with hearty, protein-rich ingredients to show you that salads are satisfying when prepared right.
- Vegetarian Taco Salad
- Tofu and Broccoli Salad with Peanut Butter Dressing
- Chopped Chickpea Salad
- Chickpea, Barley and Zucchini Ribbon Salad with Mint and Feta
Pasta and Noodles
Take your pick of noodles, sauce, and mix-ins. These meals are reliably easy and super versatile. Many taste just as good cold as they do warm.
- Miso-Roasted Asparagus Soba Noodle Salad
- Vegetarian Indo-Chinese Hakka Noodles
- Lemony Pesto Pasta with Edamame & Almonds
Eggs All Day
Because eggs know no time of day. No matter how you cook them, eggs have a welcome place on the table at every meal of the day.
- Crustless Quiche with Summer Vegetables
- Fresh Herb, Potato, and Goat Cheese Frittata
- Pesto and Egg Baguette Sandwich
- Egg and Avocado Salad on Toast
Grain bowls really have it all — ease, versatility, and wholesome comfort food heartiness. Make a batch and plan on bringing it for lunch.
- Brown Rice Bowl with Lentils, Caramelized Onions & Fried Egg
- Wild Rice Bowl with Red Lentil Curry and Spinach
- Farro Salad with Roasted Eggplant, Caramelized Onion, and Pine Nuts
- Brown Rice Bowl with Chard & Nutty Tomato Romesco Sauce
- Roasted Eggplant and Brown Rice Bowl with Turmeric Tahini
These are for you, veggie-lovers! To be sure you get your fill of fresh produce, these recipes put vegetables at the helm.