It's hard to be sad about summer's departure when fall favorites like pumpkin, butternut squash, Brussels sprouts, apples, and more are rolling into the market any moment. Use their arrival as a marker to shift the meatless night in your meal plan to one that makes these veggies the star of the hearty, comforting dinners that makes this season so remarkable. There's everything from curries and soup to comforting casseroles and hearty salads. To get you started, here are 20 vegetarian fall dinner recipes that are not to be missed.
Favorite Fall Pasta Dinners
When you've got butternut squash Alfredo, creamy pumpkin sauce, or crisp lemony Brussels sprouts partnered with your favorite pasta of choice, you know you're in for something good. These are the fall favorites you're going to want to keep on regular rotation in your meal plan.
- Butternut Squash Fettuccine Alfredo
- Lemony Brussels Sprouts & Breadcrumb Spaghetti
- Creamy One-Pot Pumpkin Pasta
- Gnocchi Skillet with Sweet Potatoes, Greens & Goat Cheese
- Pumpkin Risotto
Soups, Chilis, and Curries for Cool Fall Nights
There are few things more comforting on these cool early fall evenings than cozying up with a warm bowl of soup, hearty chili filled with beans or lentils, or a spiced winter squash curry.
- Vegan Sweet Potato Chowder
- Mushroom and Barley Soup
- Roasted Fall Vegetable Soup
- Pumpkin Chili
- Slow-Cooker Vegan Lentil Chili
- Quick Butternut Squash Curry
- Butternut Squash in Fresh Green Curry
Comforting Casseroles for Fall
These veggie-friendly casseroles were made for fall. Loaded with ingredients like nutty wild rice, sweet potatoes, mushrooms, and beans, you can count on a dinner that's both comforting and wholesome.
- Wild Rice and Kale Casserole
- Broccoli Rabe and White Bean Gratin
- Cheesy Lentil, Mushroom & Rice Bake
- Smoky Sweet Potato & Black Bean Casserole
Meal-Worthy Salads for Fall
If you added a salad night to your meal plan this summer, there is no reason to stop all that goodness now. Summer produce is slowly giving way to the bounty that comes with the fall harvest, like butternut squash, hearty greens, and apples. Bulk up dinner salads with grains like farro and barley for a more filling meal.