The warm summer weather always makes me crave foods that are a little lighter and fresher. I'm happy to put hearty stews, chili, and braised meats behind me for a while and focus on the foods that really shine this time of year: vegetables!
Sure, we eat them in salads and side dishes, but vegetables are capable of a lot more. These 20 recipes prove vegetables have a place as the star of the show. Don’t let the summer go by without trying eggplant and halloumi burgers or twirly zucchini noodles with fresh corn. Grill cauliflower steaks are a must, as is corn and tomato pizza. Ready for some vegetable action?
Make this the summer you take advantage of all those fresh veggies at your farmers market. I mean, really take advantage of them. Make this the summer you go way beyond big, fresh salads, and let these vibrant vegetables show you how they can carry their weight as your main course.
Don't let the lack of meat fool you — these 20 recipes are meal-worthy through and through. From ratatouille (a summer must) and veggie pizza, to zucchini noodles and cauliflower steaks, don't let summer pass you by without getting these vegetables on the table.
20 Recipes that Make Vegetables the Star
- Summer Vegetable Galette with Pesto
- Best-Ever Beet and Bean Burgers
- White Pizza with Avocado, Spinach & Mozzarella
- Cauliflower Fried "Rice"
- Easy French Ratatouille
- Legume (Noodle) Soup
- Stuffed Eggplants with Herbed Bulgur
- Watercress and Cabbage Stir-Fry
- Tomato Cobbler with Cornmeal-Cheddar Biscuits
- Cauliflower Steaks with Ginger, Turmeric, and Cumin
- Vegetable Summer Rolls with Spicy Peanut Sauce
- Zucchini Noodles with Tomatoes and Corn
- Grilled Eggplant Burgers with Halloumi Cheese
- Cherry Tomato, Corn, and Goat Cheese Pizza