My appetizer strategy when hosting a party is simple: I lean on easy recipes that come together with just a few ingredients, and are totally delicious. This lineup of recipes is proof that you don't need a long list of ingredients or even a lot of time to make impressive party apps.
From flaky cheese straws and brown butter radishes, to irresistible dips and bacon-wrapped dates, these 20 appetizers can all be made with five ingredients or fewer.
These bite-sized apps show you just how easy it can be to go beyond a bag of chips or pretzels. From irresistible flavored nuts and crunchy roasted chickpeas, to easy crackers made from scratch and buttery, crisp radishes, these are the nibbles that keep you going back for more.
- Sweet and Savory Roasted Cashews
- How To Make Crispy Roasted Chickpeas in the Oven
- Wasabi-Toasted Nori Crisps
- How to Make Crackers at Home
- Brown Butter and Tahini Dipped Radishes
Dips and Spreads
Not only are these dips at the top of the list for quick and easy appetizers that come together with just a few ingredients (and make-ahead potential), but they also are crowd-pleasers every time. Pair them with your choice of tortilla chips, crackers, pita, or veggie sticks.
- Roasted Pineapple Salsa
- Perfect Guacamole
- Fresh Veggies with Cumin-Lime Yogurt Dip
- Matt & Ted Lee's Radish Butter
- Minty Sweet Pea and Mascarpone Dip
Because we know as well as you that no party is complete without cheese. These savory apps are the simple and totally delicious way to take it a step beyond the cheese plate, and each one comes together with no more than a handful of ingredients.
- Cheddar Olives
- How To Make Cheese Gougères
- How To Make Puff Pastry Cheese Straws
- Tomato & Mozzarella Caprese Skewers
If you want meat-filled apps that prove a little more substantial, these are the easy options to keep on your radar. Crowd favorites like bacon-wrapped dates, bundles of prosciutto-wrapped arugula, and chicken wings always hit the spot.